News

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road


Goodbye Yellow Brick Road C/ Fine Frenzy

(Elton John)

When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have lis­tened to my old man

You know you can’t hold me for­ever
I didn’t sign up with you
I’m not a present for your friends to open
This boy’s too young to be singing the blues

So good­bye yel­low brick road
Where the dogs of soci­ety howl
You can’t plant me in your pent­house
I’m going back to my plough

Back to the howl­ing old owl in the woods
Hunt­ing the horny back toad
Oh I’ve finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yel­low brick road

What do you think you’ll do then?
I bet that’ll shoot down your plane
It’ll take you a cou­ple of vodka and ton­ics
To set you on your feet again

Maybe you’ll get a replace­ment
There’s plenty like me to be found
Mon­grels who ain’t got a penny
Sniff­ing for tid­bits like you on the ground

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário